156 views

I went to do some advertising for my business in Thailand. The Thaivisa dot com rates were pretty good and they assured me they had a large number of members.

I recall viewing it years ago and seeing 50-100 members viewing the General forum at any given time and fairly large numbers viewing some of the other forums. I figured with the new ownership, these numbers would be higher. Boy, was I wrong! I got ready to contact them to pull the trigger on the deal, but for some reason I decided to review the site and see how many members were viewing the General Forum.

Boy, am I glad I did. Instead of the 100 or so I expected, there was ONE MEMBER viewing that forum. I immediately cancelled the deal. Further research revealed that Thaivisa counts banned members and duplicate accounts as valid members.

One member told me he had ten different accounts, and seven of which had been banned, but they still showed up as valid accounts.

I smell a rat, but no matter since I got out unscathed. Best of luck to anyone who does business with Thaivisa.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thai Visa Forum.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

After George sold the website, activity dropped like a rock. Somebody may have been playing games prior to the sale.

I have been banned 6 times so there must be thousands of what have become fake members they count

Yeah, they used to list banned members as “banned”. Now you can’t tell. They just show up as regular members on the site.

Thai Visa Reviews